This blog was created in memory of my son, Carson, in hopes of providing support for other parents that have lost their babies through miscarriage, stillbirth or infant death. This blog is also the kick-off for Carson's Gifts, the soon to be published edition of my journal in which I recorded the journey of Carson's short, yet powerful, little life and the gifts he left behind.

Friday, February 1, 2013

1st Angelversary

Today is Carson's 1st Angelversary. It was one year ago today that I gave birth to my beautiful son. It was also one year ago today that we had to say goodbye to him. My husband and I took the day off so we could honor our son's short but powerful life. We decided to venture into the Sierra's and create a snow sculpture in Carson's honor. We skied to one of Red Lake Peak's lesser mountains and, facing down into Hope Valley and the West Fork Carson River, we created our memorial. It was healing to shape and mold the baby's form to life. Though the end result was not quite what was in my head, sculpting is not my forte, it felt perfect in that moment. Creating something in our son's honor gave us a sense of connection and a hope that he can hear us and know just how much we love and miss him. It was an emotional journey and difficult to leave the memorial, yet we skied on to see what future our little son prepared us for.

Thank you to all of you who have kept us in your thoughts and prayers today. We appreciate you.






The end result of Carson's memorial sculpture.
My drawing that I had intended the sculpture to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment